Re: Membership Cards?

Rebecca DuBey (curator@saukcountyhistory.org)
Mon, 7 Jan 2019 15:17:51 -0600 (CST)

Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 15:17:51 -0600 (CST)
From: Rebecca DuBey <curator@saukcountyhistory.org>
Subject: Re: Membership Cards?

Hello Steve, at the Sauk County Historical Society we do issue Membership Cards along with a letter, which also acts to acknowledge the membership.

We use Past Perfect which includes a Membership component, to generate lists of expired memberships and also to generate Renewal letters. When people come in to use our services we ask if they are a member, for which they get a discount on services and purchases, but I don't think they are requested to produce the cards.

We have a Board Member dedicated to processing the memberships, which makes it more efficient. Our Office and Research Coordinator knows most members by heart, but if you have a volunteer responsible for providing any services, then I would deffinately issue cards.

I would suggest issuing membership cards hope this helps, Becca DuBey, Museum Curator