Re: looking to borrow artifacts or assistance

Eileen Riehle (edriehle@gmail.com)
Sun, 2 Jun 2019 20:24:05 -0500

Subject: Re: looking to borrow artifacts or assistance
From: Eileen Riehle <edriehle@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 20:24:05 -0500

Mikki

Have you tried contacting the Camp 5 Museum in Laona WI? It is a Logging/St eam Train Museum in Laona WI. I believe it is connected with the Connor Logg ing Company that was one of the logging companies here in Marathon County. T he Connor’s came from Stratford Canada to log here and that is how S tratford WI got it’s name. Good luck.

Eileen Riehle

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 2, 2019, at 12:54 PM, Glenn's Email <gbraze@cox.net> wrote:
>

> Mikki
> Have you reviewed Ghosts of the Forest available at most libraries or on A
mazon?
> I’d also think it worthwhile to contact the Wisconsin Forest Histo
ry Association.
> Good hunting
> Glenn Brazelton
>>
>>> On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 7:21 PM Mikki Maddox <mmaddox@necedahschools.org
> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My name is Mikki Maddox and I am a high school teacher at Necedah High S
chool. I am coordinating an event we are calling Necedah 100, which commemo rates a week long celebration in 1919 when the Necedah community welcomed ba ck not only its troops from WWI, but also all the founders and settlers of t he town.

>>> I am working with the Wisconsin Veterans Museum and using other resource
s to cover the military part of our commemoration event, but am in need of a ssistance to really cover the lumber/logging part of the event. I contacted
 some people I know at the Wisconsin Historical Society and they suggested I
 join this listserve and crowdsource some help finding information or artifa cts relating to the history of logging in the central part of the state.

>>> I am especially looking for the item below which was patented by two Nec
edah men or something similar to this object.

>>> Also, if anyone knows someone who might be able to give a demo on loggin
g?

>>> I have Dr. Robert Gough, professor emeritus, giving a talk on the effect
s of the lumber industry on Wisconsin on Friday, but other events, demos, id eas relating to ¨civilian¨ history would be appreciated. I will a ttach the information on our event below. Thanks in advance for your suppor t and assistance.