RE: Speaker for Researching House History

KRISTEN M LEFFELMAN (kristen.leffelman@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 9 Jan 2020 19:01:37 +0000

From: KRISTEN M LEFFELMAN <kristen.leffelman@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: RE: Speaker for Researching House History
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 19:01:37 +0000

Hello,

Joe DeRose, survey and registration historian for the Wisconsin Historical Society and a member of the Society’s Speakers Bureau, offers a presentation on researching historic buildings. Here is the talk’s description:

Join Joe DeRose, survey and registration historian for the Wisconsin Historical Society's Division of Historic Preservation, for an introductory presentation that will help you prepare to research an individual historic building, whether a home, school, business, or farmstead. The presentation will focus on learning about specific research sources for determining the history of a building, as well as learning about its occupants.

If you’re interested in inquiring with Joe, please navigate to this page<https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Records/Article/CS15372> and click on the Request a Speaker link. There, you can fill in your contact, date, and venue information, and we will send that on to Joe for consideration.

Best,

Kristen Leffelman Milwaukee Outreach Coordinator Office of Programs and Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society 247 W Freshwater Way, Suite 536, Milwaukee, WI 53204 414-988-8655 kristen.leffelman@wisconsinhistory.org<mailto:kristen.leffelman@wisconsinhistory.org>

Wisconsin Historical Society Collecting, Preserving, and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature%20clicks>

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of marsicano@charter.net Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2020 11:34 AM To: 'localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu' Subject: Speaker for Researching House History

Hi -

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a speaker who could teach how to research the history of your house?

We have more and more people coming in to see if we have the history of their house and I'd love to have a workshop to teach people how to do it. Any suggestions? We are located in SE Wisconsin. Thank you!

Patti Marsicano Delavan Historical Soceity