RE: Firearm Donations

Merrilee Lee (Mlee@hoardmuseum.org)
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:12:10 -0600

From: "Merrilee Lee" <Mlee@hoardmuseum.org>
Subject: RE: Firearm Donations
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:12:10 -0600

Hi Sara,

We recently accepted a WWII gun for donation using our normal acquisition procedures. However, this gun was a German gun and had never been registered by the veteran who brought it back with him. Therefore, the gun had to be made unusable before we could acquire it. This involved removing and destroying the firing pin. Just something else to consider.

Good luck!

Merrilee Lee, Director

Hoard Historical Museum

401 Whitewater Ave