Re: Firearm Donations

JANET IRENE SEYMOUR (janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:20:40 +0000

From: JANET IRENE SEYMOUR <janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: Re: Firearm Donations
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 19:20:40 +0000

Sara,

There's a very helpful webinar offered through the Connecting to Collection s website. You can view the recorded webinar here: https://www.connectingtocollections.org/lock-stock-and-barrel-firearms-coll ecting-for-museums/.

Janet

Janet Seymour

Interim Director of Outreach

Wisconsin Historical Society

c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire

105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701

715-836-2250 (O)

janet.seymour@wisconsinhistory.org

Wisconsin Historical Society

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846<http://www.wisconsinh istory.org/?utm_source=Email%20Signatures&amp;amp%3Butm_medium=email&am p;amp%3Butm_campaign=si>

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu < <localhistory-request@listser ve.uwec.edu> on behalf of Merrilee Lee <Mlee@hoardmuseum.org> Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:12 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: RE: Firearm Donations

Hi Sara,

We recently accepted a WWII gun for donation using our normal acquisition p rocedures. However, this gun was a German gun and had never been registere d by the veteran who brought it back with him. Therefore, the gun had to b e made unusable before we could acquire it. This involved removing and des troying the firing pin. Just something else to consider.

Good luck!

Merrilee Lee, Director

Hoard Historical Museum

401 Whitewater Ave

Fort Atkinson, WI 53538

920-563-7769

www.hoardmuseum.org<http://www.hoardmuseum.org>

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Taylor County Historical Society Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 3:28 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Firearm Donations

Hello:

I am looking for guidance on a possible donation to our museum of two World
 War II guns and one from World War I.

What are the requirements for accepting guns as a donation, or what would y our recommendations be?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Best Regards,

Sara Nuernberger

President