Re: Scanning microfiche

Heather S. Sonntag (hssonntag@wisc.edu)
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:49:42 +0000

From: "Heather S. Sonntag" <hssonntag@wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Scanning microfiche
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:49:42 +0000

I have never heard of anyone scanning microfiche, but Google says there are
 ways to do it. I looked at this site and point 4 seems key: 4) center the microfiche directly under / above the scanner lens. Might make a difference
 on what you've been doing. ? https://smallbusiness.chron.com/transfer-microfiche-computer-46057.html

And see under tips, how to isolate the scan range to improve the resolution
 of the microfiche. https://itstillworks.com/12138656/how-to-convert-35mm-slides-to-jpg

Hope this helps. Heather

________________________________ From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu < <localhistory-request@listser ve.uwec.edu> on behalf of William Schuette <wschuette9877@gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:20 AM To: List Serve <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Subject: Scanning microfiche

I want to scan and digitize several microfiche films (inside a 4x5 inch sleeve). I have a good Epson V600 scanner which does film. When I scan the microfiche at 3200 dpi, the letters on the document come out blurry. When viewed on a microfiche viewer, it's very clear. Has anyone else ever attempted to do this? Or is the microfiche film just too small to be scanned this way?

Thanks,

Bill

Sauk County Historical Society