RE: Scanning microfiche

Lori B BESSLER (lori.bessler@wisconsinhistory.org)
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:06:00 +0000

From: Lori B BESSLER <lori.bessler@wisconsinhistory.org>
Subject: RE: Scanning microfiche
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 14:06:00 +0000

Hi Bill,

Our microfilm scanners in the Library will scan images from microfiche. You would have to come here to do this. It is free if you bring your own flash drive.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,

Lori

Lori B. Bessler Reference Librarian, Library, Archives, and Museum Collections

Wisconsin Historical Society 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706 608.264.6519 Lori.Bessler@wisconsinhistory.org

Join us and discover your history.

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of William Schuette Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:20 AM To: List Serve Subject: Scanning microfiche

I want to scan and digitize several microfiche films (inside a 4x5 inch sleeve). I have a good Epson V600 scanner which does film. When I scan the microfiche at 3200 dpi, the letters on the document come out blurry. When viewed on a microfiche viewer, it's very clear. Has anyone else ever attempted to do this? Or is the microfiche film just too smallĀ  to be scanned this way?

Thanks,

Bill

Sauk County Historical Society