Scanning microfiche

William Schuette (wschuette9877@gmail.com)
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:20:21 -0600

From: William Schuette <wschuette9877@gmail.com>
Subject: Scanning microfiche
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 09:20:21 -0600

I want to scan and digitize several microfiche films (inside a 4x5 inch sleeve). I have a good Epson V600 scanner which does film. When I scan the microfiche at 3200 dpi, the letters on the document come out blurry. When viewed on a microfiche viewer, it's very clear. Has anyone else ever attempted to do this? Or is the microfiche film just too smallĀ  to be scanned this way?

Thanks,

Bill

Sauk County Historical Society