Re: Online Museum store?

Douglas County Historical Society (dchs@douglashistory.org)
Mon, 6 Apr 2020 08:54:07 -0500

From: Douglas County Historical Society <dchs@douglashistory.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 08:54:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Online Museum store?

Just because you are a non-profit doesn't mean you don't have to collect sales tax.

Here is a good resource to figure out if your non-profit has to collect sales tax on sales. Also, consult your accountant. https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/pcs-n-profit.aspx

Jon Winter Douglas County Historical Society 1101 John Avenue Superior WI 54880 Business Manager 715-392-8449

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 8:42 AM wyward <wyward@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Russ,
> Its pretty easy to put links on a facebook site if you use that, just
> also need a paypal account. Otherwise if you know how to use ebay that
> would be the easiest to set up and just have a link or info about it, on
> your website and facebook pages. We are a 401c3, so no paperwork with sal
es
> tax.
>
> Brian Schneider
> Appleton Historical Society
>

> On Thursday, April 2, 2020, 10:28:02 AM CDT, Oconomowoc Historical Societ
> <oahsm@att.net> wrote:
>
> Not us. Not enough sales. Then we get into doing sales tax reports.
>
> Nancy Lins, Administrator
> 103 W. Jefferson St. PO Box 245
> Oconomowoc, WI 53066
> Ph: 263-569-0740
> Web: oconomowochistoricalsociety.org
> Follow us on Facebook
>
> > On Apr 1, 2020, at 9:28 AM, russhanson <russhanson@grantsburgtelcom.net
>
> wrote:
> >
> > Do you have an online store for your museum? We are thinking
about
> doing that at the Luck Museum in Polk County and wonder how you did it.
We