RE: Inquiry on digital systems consultant

Heather S. Sonntag (hssonntag@wisc.edu)
Mon, 11 May 2020 16:34:52 +0000

From: "Heather S. Sonntag" <hssonntag@wisc.edu>
Subject: RE: Inquiry on digital systems consultant
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:34:52 +0000

Hello,

I am seeking advice on overhauling a computer system in a small, regional m useum. I have conducted a needs assessment for this organization that opera tes with outdated computer equipment, and among the short-term priorities a re technology improvements for cataloguing, digital storage, access and eve n website re-design.

Has anyone on this list

  * hired an outside consultant to review computer systems for suggestion s on equipment upgrades and set up?
  * written grants for said consultant?
  * If so, which grants? And, which consultant (friend or firm)?
  * written grants for purchasing computer and other related digital equi pment? If so, which grants?
  * hired a web designer/manager?
  * written grants for said web designer/manager?
  * If so, which web designer/manager?

We thank you for your suggestions in advance. Sincerely, Heather Sonntag

hssonntag@wisc.edu