RE: Inquiry on digital systems consultant

Glenn Brazelton (gbraze@cox.net)
Mon, 11 May 2020 13:15:05 -0400

From: "Glenn Brazelton" <gbraze@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Inquiry on digital systems consultant
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 13:15:05 -0400

Heather,

I can't recall exact dates, but I wrote several grants 7-8 years ago to purchase PastPerfect cataloging software as well as a new computer and an TB external drive for cataloging and heritage photo archive storage. The grants came from a local philanthropic non-profit and a bank in Price County.

The first stop I would make is to contact Janet Seymour at WHS UWEC or go direct to WHS in Madison. Believe they can provide some good, current advice on your requirements. For example, you might/might be able to snag an intern from UW to assist in your endeavor.

Regards, Glenn Brazelton

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Heather S. Sonntag Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 12:35 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: Inquiry on digital systems consultant

Hello,

I am seeking advice on overhauling a computer system in a small, regional museum. I have conducted a needs assessment for this organization that operates with outdated computer equipment, and among the short-term priorities are technology improvements for cataloguing, digital storage, access and even website re-design.

Has anyone on this list

* hired an outside consultant to review computer systems for suggestions on equipment upgrades and set up?
* written grants for said consultant?
* If so, which grants? And, which consultant (friend or firm)?
* written grants for purchasing computer and other related digital equipment? If so, which grants?
* hired a web designer/manager?
* written grants for said web designer/manager?
* If so, which web designer/manager?

We thank you for your suggestions in advance.

Sincerely,

Heather Sonntag

hssonntag@wisc.edu <mailto:hssonntag@wisc.edu>