Re: Request for return of an item

Oconomowoc Historical Society (oahsm@att.net)
Thu, 3 Sep 2020 07:11:49 -0500

Subject: Re: Request for return of an item
From: Oconomowoc Historical Society <oahsm@att.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 07:11:49 -0500

We had the same occurrence several times. We did not refer them to civil cou rt but did advise that the historical society signed deed of gift is a legal
 document and therefore ownership was transferred to the society in perpetui ty.

Nancy Lins, Administrator OAHSM PO Box 245 103 W Jefferson St
(262) 569-0740 Web: oconomowochistoricalsociety.org Please follow us on FaceBook

oricalsociety@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Eagle River Historical Society had a relative of a donor demand the re
turn of an item on the grounds that it was not his property to give.

> We referred the relative to the TCR in which the donor affirmed he was the
 sole owner.
> We responded that as we now had legal rights to the item the relative must
 pursue the matter through civil court and that we would abide by any decisi on but that we could not return the item.

> Apparently he either decided to drop the matter or the two relatives resol
ved the issue between them as we have not had any response.