RE: reel to reel audio tapes

Jarrod Roll (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:57:42 -0500

From: "Jarrod Roll" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: reel to reel audio tapes
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 08:57:42 -0500

Hello.

I would suggest contacting Take 5 Productions in Onalaska, WI. We just had them transfer film to MP4 for us and they were great to work with. I believe they do audio too.

Here’s their info:

Linda O’Connell, Owner

linda@take5productions.net <mailto:linda@take5productions.net>

608-790-3608

Jarrod Roll

Director / County Historian

Monroe County Local History Room & Museum

200 West Main St.

Sparta, WI 54656

608-269-8680

www.MonroeCountyHistory.org <http://www.MonroeCountyHistory.org>

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/MCLHR <http://www.Facebook.com/MCLHR>

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
<localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> On Behalf Of Tim Wyss Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 6:50 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: reel to reel audio tapes

The Clear Lake Historical Museum has several reel to reel audio tapes from the 1970's that are of local importance. We don't have a player to listen to the tapes, so they have not been played in more than 40 years. They have been stored in a safe deposit box in the local bank.

Where would we go to transfer the tapes to a digital format so we can enjoy the recordings?

Tim Wyss