RE: reel to reel audio tapes

Askin, Tim (Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov)
Mon, 5 Oct 2020 13:58:37 +0000

From: "Askin, Tim" <Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov>
Subject: RE: reel to reel audio tapes
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 13:58:37 +0000

UW-Milwaukee music library has the equipment. Whether they let you use it is an entirely different question. Doesn’t hurt to ask. 414-229-5529

Tim Askin, Senior Planner Historic Preservation Commission City of Milwaukee 414-286-5712 Tim.Askin@Milwaukee.gov<mailto:Tim.Askin@Milwaukee.gov>

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu <localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu> On Behalf Of Tim Wyss Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 6:50 PM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: reel to reel audio tapes

The Clear Lake Historical Museum has several reel to reel audio tapes from the 1970's that are of local importance. We don't have a player to listen to the tapes, so they have not been played in more than 40 years. They have been stored in a safe deposit box in the local bank.

Where would we go to transfer the tapes to a digital format so we can enjoy the recordings?

Tim Wyss The City of Milwaukee is subject to Wisconsin Statutes related to public records. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and receivers of City of Milwaukee e-mail should presume that e-mail is subject to release upon request, and is subject to state records retention requirements. See City of Milwaukee full e-mail disclaimer at www.milwaukee.gov/email_disclaimer