Re: Winegar

Eagle River Historical Society (eagleriverhistoricalsociety@gmail.com)
Fri, 4 Dec 2020 13:58:57 -0600

From: Eagle River Historical Society <eagleriverhistoricalsociety@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Winegar
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 13:58:57 -0600

I’d love to send you a name for donating the photos. Will get it to y ou very soon.

Karen Sailer Eagle River Historical Society.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 4, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Trading Post <tradingpostint@gmail.com> wrote
:

> Hi Gavin—there is, I think, a very active historical soci
ety, the Presque Isle Historical society,which is gathering all things Wineg ar. Winegar is the older name for Presque Isle, Wisconsin. I have asked Chri s Tews, the chairman of our NorthernWaters Historical Society, to contact yo u with the Presque Isle address if she has it.
> I’m sure someone will get back to you.
> Thanks for the info.
> Barb Nehring
> NorthernWaters Historical Society
> Land O’Lakes NorthernWaters Historical Society
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Dec 3, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Gavin Schmitt <gavins@kaukauna-wi.org> wrote:

>> Hello fellow history folks,
>>
>> I've been going through donations and making the hard call on what to kee
p and what to pass on. One item in particular does not belong here.

>> I have a scrapbook with dozens of photos of Winegar (Presque Isle). I don
't know the dates, but based on the automobiles, I would guess maybe 1915-19 20?

>> Vilas County is nowhere near here... so if anyone on this list wants thes
e photos, let me know. I hope they can live on another day.