Re: heating historic buildings

Richfield Historical Society (historyrhs@gmail.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 2020 19:02:20 -0600

From: Richfield Historical Society <historyrhs@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: heating historic buildings
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 19:02:20 -0600

We heat 2 of our buildings (one with propane and the other with natural gas)
 due to there being artifacts and old furniture in them. We keep the temp re latively low—not sure what that temp is, maybe 55.. We get help from
 our Village with the gas heated building.

Hope this helps.

Richfield Historical Society

> On Dec 10, 2020, at 6:53 PM, Jarrod Roll <mclhr@centurytel.net> wrote:
>

> Hello friends.
>
> I have a question for you which I am asking on behalf of another historica
l organization which owns historic buildings. For those of you who own a st andalone, small building (like a one-room school or church), do you heat it i n the winter? The historical society who owns a one-room school in our area
 doesn’t want to heat it in the winter because it isn’t used
 and there is a significant heating bill involved. However, I know that eve n minimally heating an old building helps to preserve it. So, I would appre ciate hearing from those of you who own a historic building and close it up f or the winter—do you heat it or not?