Connect with educators in Wisconsin

Mikki Maddox (mmaddox@necedahschools.org)
Sat, 12 Feb 2022 09:28:05 -0600

From: Mikki Maddox <mmaddox@necedahschools.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 09:28:05 -0600
Subject: Connect with educators in Wisconsin

Hello one and all,

The Wisconsin Council for the Social Studies will be offering an in-person conference this year at Chula Vista in the Wisconsin Dells on Saturday and Sunday, March 12-13.

You and/or your organization may be interested in doing sessions on integrating local history into classrooms or if you have lending trunks or artifacts, now might be a great time to network with teachers from around the state.

I am working with WCSS and we will be applying for a Wisconsin Humanities Grant to partner with organizations like many of yours to bring teachers and local history groups together to create materials and curriculum that will bring more local history into classrooms. We are hoping to provide workshops at the WHS Local History conference and also then bring that information to our conference in the spring so as to strengthen the connections between local history and our classrooms.

As part of the beginning of this effort, I am having an inaugural ¨pop
 up¨ museum for our attendees that will be focusing on WWI and will be working with the traveling display of the Sauk County Historical Society, the travel trunk and temporary exhibit of the Wisconsin Veterans Museum, and some artifacts from the Wisconsin National Guard Museum at Volk Field. The plan is also to screen the documentary Dawn of the Red Arrow and try to get some guest speakers.

I am attaching a link to our organization´s website
<https://www.wcss-wi.org/2022-conference-info.html> and conference page
<https://www.wcss-wi.org/2022-conference-info.html>

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to collaborate with us in the future.

Mikki Maddox

--
Mikki Maddox
Social Studies/English Teacher

*“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. *

Margaret Mead