Re: Having a plaque made for an historical downtown building, any legal restrictions from the State of WI ? Building located in an historical designated area.

Maureen Giese (renie.giese@gmail.com)
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 20:33:46 -0500

From: Maureen Giese <renie.giese@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 20:33:46 -0500
Subject: Re: Having a plaque made for an historical downtown building, any legal restrictions from the State of WI ? Building located in an historical designated area.

Thank you all for answering my "Placing a Plaque on a Downtown Historic District Building." Waterloo is a small downtown with a 2 yr Business Association group trying very hard to create a downtown area where buildings are remembered from the past ....but many are empty. One building that was a "Community Building" that was very popular in the past from early high school graduations to family reunions to "home shows" to whatever makes a community "alive" is now restored for wedding venues and other events. The newly formed Business Association wants to place plaques on buildings that owners would like for all to remember what those walls would tell if they could talk about "life in early Waterloo" a small town striving to keep the charm of a small community. Only those owners of buildings that would like a plaque telling briefly the history will be considered...all signage objectives will be honored. Many thanks for all suggestions as we work together to keep landmarks exist for the future viewers of what was and what will be remembered.

Maureen Giese Waterloo Area Historical Society and also member of the Waterloo Business Association