Special Membership Meeting - Dane County Historical Society

Dane County Historical Society (danecountyhistory@gmail.com)
Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:01:09 -0500

From: Dane County Historical Society <danecountyhistory@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 15:01:09 -0500
Subject: Special Membership Meeting - Dane County Historical Society

Hello, Fellow Local Historical Societies - I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about our next event.

The Dane County Historical Society will host a special membership meeting on Sunday, November 13, 2022, at 1:30 pm

at the *Lussier Family Heritage Center* in Lunney Lake Farm Park

to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the

Otto Schroeder Archives and History Center (OSARC).

To celebrate, board members and staff will present the 20-year history of the OSARC, describe DCHS’s many ongoing projects, and initiate a di scussion charting our future. Ongoing projects include:

Digitization of 1500 Architectural Drawings by Madison architect *Ferdinand Kronenberg*

Posting online The Madison Mirror, Madison’s Central High School st udent newsletter

Posting online 300 images taken by *Rick Burn* in the 1960s of railroads in Madison

The recent rescue of 20 memorial brass tablets from 1912 listing Dane County’s Civil War dead (organized by local community)

Developing an exhibit about the Dane County Traffic Police for the Dane County Regional Airport’s Art Court.

Everyone is invited! The more, the merrier, so bring a friend!

There will be lots of food and time for conversation.

Best, Rick Bernstein

Administrator

Dane County Historical Society

Lussier Family Heritage Center

3101 Lake Farm Road

Madison, WI 53711

ph: 608-224-3605

Support the Dane County Historical Society by shopping at Amazon Smile

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1143187