Re: Looking for expertise in hosting an afternoon tea

Marti Matyska (mamatyska@gmail.com)
Wed, 5 Apr 2023 08:01:15 -0500

From: Marti Matyska <mamatyska@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 08:01:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Looking for expertise in hosting an afternoon tea

We had a local tea shop come in and talk about the types of tea and the temperature to make the teas correctly. It was interesting. We have done it two ways: A large tea table handled like a buffet. Or we have had everyone seated and our members brought them the tea set and the plate(s) of sandwiches, scones, and cakes. Afternoon tea is easier than High tea as the menu is smaller. My library did a tea with a Titanic theme; the menu came from the ship; and people were encouraged to wear hats. I think they even had some hats for guests to borrow. They dressed in period costumes...always interesting to the public. I think they had a trunk show of period clothes.

*

--

*Marti Matyska*161 S. Riverheath Way #312 Appleton, WI 54915 mobile: 715.584.9646