Re:radio gig covered

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:23:57 -0600

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:23:57 -0600
Subject: FW:radio gig covered
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

Those of you who heard Steve speak yesterday know that he¹ll do a great job
.

Kate
------ Forwarded Message From: Julie Pangallo <juliep@maverick-media.ws> Reply-To: <eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:31:19 -0600 To: <eauclairewib@yahoogroups.com> Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Teach In Today, Tomorrow, Tuesday

Just wanted to let everyone know--Steve Wagener from Military Families Spea k Out will come in to do the interview. Thanks! Julie
  Julie Pangallo Maverick Media WAXX-92.9 Classic Rock-ESPN P.O. Box 1 Eau Claire, WI 54702 Phone: 715-832-1530 Fax: 715-832-5329 E: juliep@maverick-media.ws
"Suspend Disbelief. If you must doubt something, doubt your limits. Doubt s are not the product of accurate thinking, but of habitual thinking. Change your thinking...and change your world."

 WIB
> or from the teach-in is available, please contact me ASAP. Thanks!!!
> Julie
>

> Julie Pangallo
> Maverick Media
> WAXX-92.9 Classic Rock-ESPN
> P.O. Box 1
> Eau Claire, WI 54702
> Phone: 715-832-1530
> Fax: 715-832-5329
> E: juliep@maverick-media.ws
> "Suspend Disbelief. If you must doubt something, doubt your limits. Do
ubts
> are not the product of accurate thinking, but of habitual thinking. Cha
nge
> your thinking...and change your world."

tion:

>> The Media and Propaganda in a State of Perpetual War
>>
>> Executive Director of t
he
>> Center on Media and Democracy
>>
>> (Madison) and founder of P.R. Watch www.prwatch.org
>> <http://www.prwatch.org/>
>>
>> Co-author of Weapons of Mass Deception, Banana Republicans,Toxic Sludge
 is
>> Good For You, and other books.
>>
>> MONDAY, MARCH 14
>>
>> BACKGROUND WORKSHOPS ON IRAQ WAR & THE WAR AT HOME
>>

>> 1:00-1:50 pm HISTORY & FUTURE OF U.S.
>>
>> MILITARY INTERVENTIONS Ho-Chunk
>>
>> Zoltan Grossman (Geography)
>> www.uwec.edu/grossmzc/interventions.html
>> <http://www.uwec.edu/grossmzc/interventions.html>
>>

>> 2:00-2:50 pm WHO¹S WHO IN IRAQ:
>>
>> POLITICAL PARTIES & INSURGENTS Menominee
>>
>> Ali Abootalabi (PoliSci) Kate Lang (History)
>>

>> 3:00-3:50 pm ECONOMIC COSTS OF IRAQ WAR
>>
>> TO CURRENT & FUTURE GENERATIONS Ho-Chunk
>>
>> Larry Glenn (SFPJ), Thomas Kemp (Economics)
>> www.costofwar.com <http://www.costofwar.com/>
>>

>> 4:00-5:00 pm CIVIL LIBERTIES IN WARTIME
>>
>> AND THE RISE OF FASCISM Menominee
>>
>> Bob Nowlan (English) of Chippewa Valley ACLU
>>

>> 7:00-8:30 pm VIDEO & DISCUSSION: ³UNCONSTITUTIONAL:
>>
>> THE WAR ON OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES² Menominee
>>

>> TUESDAY, MARCH 15
>>

>> WORKSHOPS ON GROUP PERSPECTIVES
>>

>> 12:00-12:50 pm ISRAELIS & PALESTINIANS:
>>
>> A DIALOGUE WITH BOTH SIDES Alumni
>>
>> Book reading by Cathy Sultan
>>

>> 1:00-1:50 pm WOMEN¹S INVOLVEMENT
>>
>> AND FEMINIST PERSPECTIVES Ho-Chunk
>>
>> Asha Sen (English), Theresa Kemp (English),
>>
>> Molly Seaver (Campus Feminists)
>>

>> 2:00-2:50 pm RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY
>>
>> INVOLVEMENT Menominee
>>
>> Virginia Wolf, Ken Sullivan, others
>>

>> 3:00-3:50 pm ACTIVISM FOR THE HEALTH OF IRAQIS Ho-Chunk
>>
>> Mike Miles, John LaForge (Anathoth Community, Luck)
>>
>> www.peacenorth.org <http://www.peacenorth.org/> and www.nukewatch.com
>> <http://www.nukewatch.com/> )
>>

>> 4:00-5:30 pm STUDENTS AND THE DRAFT Menominee
>>
>> Recruitment, Draft Registration, Conscription, Conscientious Objector (
CO)
> [...]
>>
>> Open to all college and high school students, faculty, staff, and commu
nity
>> members.
>>
>> PEACE DREAMS ~ WHISPERS IN THE WIND Presented at Peace Rally
>>
>> During the Iraq War Teach-In, you (the participants) will be creating a
>> string of fabric peace flags, ribbons, and banners as an expression of
our
>> grief for all those affected by the war, and our hopes for peace.
>> Participants may create and design their own flag, ribbon or banner to
>> bring, or create one during the week with the materials provided. Enti
tled
>> ³Peace Dreams~Whispers In The Wind² this collective artwork will be a
>> colorful reminder of our hopes and be used by area groups in future pea
ce
>> activities. For information contact Bethany: >> activities. For information contact Bethany: bj-flagpeacework@triwest.n
et

>> TEACH-IN SPONSORS
>>
>> Get involved!
>>
>> Eau Claire Staff & Faculty for Peace and Justice (SFPJ)
>>
>> www.uwec.edu/sfpj <http://www.uwec.edu/sfpj> Rick Richmond:
>> rrichmon@uwec.edu <mailto:rrichmon@uwec.edu>
>>
>> Progressive Student Association (PSA)
>>
>> Andrew Werthmann: werthmaf@uwec.edu <mailto:werthmaf@uwec.edu>
>>
>> Amnesty International (AI)
>>
>> Aaron Kroska: kroskaaj@uwec.edu <mailto:kroskaaj@uwec.edu> Meets in Dav
ies
>> Eagle Room
>>
>> every other Thursday, 6-7 pm (Mar.31, Apr 28, May 5).
>>
>> Eau Claire Peace Coalition
>>
>> Elizabeth Preston: prestoe@uwec.edu <mailto:prestoe@uwec.edu>
>>
>> Military Families Speak Out
>>
>> www.mfso.org <http://www.mfso.org/> Eau Claire contact Steve Wagene
r:
>> swagener@sehinc.com <mailto:swagener@sehinc.com>
>>
>> Women in Black Karen Pope popekj@uwec.edu <mailto:popekj@uwec.edu>
>>
>> The Association of University of Wisconsin Professionals (TAUWP) Americ
an

>> Federation of Teachers (AFT) Local 3535.
>>
>> Rick Richmond rrichmon@uwec.edu <mailto:rrichmon@uwec.edu>

-----
>> -------------
>>
>> WOMEN IN BLACK SATURDAY VIGILS, 12:00-1:00
>>
>> Every Saturday (including 12 March and 19 March), corner of Hastings &
>> Brackett
>>
>> PSA WEDNESDAY PEACE VIGILS, 4:00-5:00 pm
>>
>> Every Wednesday, State & Garfield
>>

>> Donations for this event: Make checks payable to ³Chippewa Valley
>> Community Action Coalition,² and note in the memo line that they are fo
r the
>> ³Teach-In.² Contributions should be sent to Kate Hale, 1403 Frederic St
reet,
>> Eau Claire, WI 54701.
>>

>> Many thanks to all those who have helped out with this teach-in, and to
 all
>> those who have persevered and kept hope aliveŠ..

rg
>> <http://www.cvt.org/>
>>
>> Comm,.for Conscientious Objectors www.objector.o
rg