Citizens for a Fair Wage needs your support

Richmond, Rick (rrichmon@uwec.edu)
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:02:06 -0500

Subject: Citizens for a Fair Wage needs your support
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:02:06 -0500
From: "Richmond, Rick" <rrichmon@uwec.edu>

This message is posted from [Eau Claire] Citizens for a Fair Wage, a forum on Meetup.com. Note that there will be a meeting at 6pm this evening in the Eagle Room, Davies Center.

Resoultions in support of this effort have recently been adopted by the Eau Claire Area Labor Council and by The Association of University of Wisconsin Professionals (TAUWP, American Federation of Teachers Local 3535).

rr

---- Citizens for a Fair Wage needs your support to increase the Minimum Wage in the City of Eau Claire.

COME TO OUR NEXT MEETING:

We will be strategizing our grassroots movement to increase the Minimum Wage in the City of Eau Claire. We need your help with:

-Letter writing,

-Lobbying Council members,

-Collecting signatures,

-Showing up to Council meetings (to share stories and create a presence),

-Spreading the word, getting more people involved.

TIME/PLACE

Thursday, April 28th, at UWEC 6pm in the Eagle Room in Davies.

WHAT IS OUR GOAL?

Within the next month, a resolution will be presented to City council to increase the minimum wage in Eau Claire (following similar resolutions in Madison, La Cross and Milwaukee). Our goal is to see that it passes, and to uphold and ensure that it is consequently enforced.

WHAT IS CITIZENS FOR A FAIR WAGE?

We are an organization working to increase the minimum wage for the working class of Eau Claire. This issue effects everyone, from students to servers, and thus requires solidarity to produce real change. With your help and support, we can make a difference in the lives of the of the hardworking people of this city, and send a message to our state and national legislatures, that we demand a Fair Wage for all!!

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS:

Andrew Werthmann: werthmaf@uwec.edu / 715-497-2029 Mike Turner: turnerma@uwec.edu / 715-833-875