One last time?

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:23:12 -0500

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:23:12 -0500
Subject: One last time?
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

Colleagues--

I¹d like to suggest that we have one last meeting of the school year before we disperse to the four directions for the summer. Just a little meeting t o discuss what we might like to do next year, perhaps to have a little more time to think and plan. I¹d mentioned to a few of you, e.g., that I¹d like us to consider an event (teach-in? Mini-conference?) on media/media reform
. With more lead time, we could perhaps have more of a chance at getting a keynote speaker like Bob McChesney. Others may have ideas for vital topics for our campus.

Who¹s up for meeting? Reply to the list or just to me and we¹ll get things going.

Best regards to all here at the edge of chaos--

Kate

Kate Hale, Ph.D. UWEC Department of English Hibbard Hall 617 Ph. 715-836-2761, FAX 715-836-5996 http://www.uwec.edu/halecl/clh.html

³In all lines of academic investigation it is of the utmost importance that the investigator should be absolutely free to follow the indications of truth wherever they may lead. Whatever may be the limitations which tramme l inquiry elsewhere we believe the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found.²

UW Board of Regents Declaration of 18 September 1894