Re: EC Women in Black sponsoring Middle East peace/conflict discussion/potluck Thursday 5/19

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Mon, 16 May 2005 14:00:55 -0500

Subject: FW: EC Women in Black sponsoring Middle East peace/conflict discussion/potluck Thursday 5/19
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:00:55 -0500
From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>

Dear peaceful and just staff & faculty:
        Do you think we have any room in our consciousness this week, given all that is happening *locally*, to consider women's perspectives on Middle East peace? Apologies to those of you receiving this invitation multiple times--consider it a strong indication of how much your presence is needed and requested! Please consider joining in this discussion/video viewing this Thursday, especially if you were unable to make the 2 in-person panel presentations in April.
~karen

> JERUSALEM WOMEN SPEAK CONTINUING THE DISCUSSION
> Women in Black, Eau Claire, is hosting a potluck & discussion to
further our awareness and understanding of women's perspectives on prospects for Middle East peace-- issues, barriers and opportunities and possible solutions.

> MAY MEET UP: THURSDAY MAY 19TH
> 5 p.m. - 6:30 at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Lower level
> (421 S Farwell)
>
> All interested women and men are welcomed and invited to attend.
 Please come and bring a friend. Childcare will be available.
> Anything > "> counts> "> as a potluck item-bag of chips; bottle of
soda; some fruit! Don't cook? Don't let that stop you from joining our discussion!

> We will view video selections from the April 8 UW-Eau Claire >
"> Jerusalem Women Speak: Three Women, Three Faiths, One Shared Vision" presentation, when Aitemad Muhanna, Nina Mayorek, and Diana Kattan talked about their lives as part of the 9th speaking tour with Partners for Peace.
        We plan to share our food, have a roundtable discussion, and hear from those in our community responsible for bringing this program to Eau Claire and hosting the women speakers.

http://partnersforpeace.org <http://partnersforpeace.org/>