Friends of Pinang

Forman, Pamela J. (FORMANPJ@uwec.edu)
Mon, 16 May 2005 19:05:34 -0500

Subject: Friends of Pinang
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:05:34 -0500
From: "Forman, Pamela J." <FORMANPJ@uwec.edu>

Folks-- I know we have many battles on our plates these days. But if we can't eat decent food in this town, we'll have no energy to fight them. I knew something was wrong when I went to Pinang in April to take out dinner and the Chinese jade Buddha whose belly we used to rub when entering and leaving was MISSING. We asked the owners about its whereabouts--only then did they realize it was stolen (so we tipped extra to start a Buddha replacement fund). I say we find Pinang a place on Water Street... rip down that old video store besides Kerm's and get good food nearby campus. In the interim, please consider attending this dinner! Warmly-- Pam

From: Terri Stanley <mailto:stanley@discover-net.net>
<stanley@discover-net.net> To: Undisclosed-Recipient:; Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 3:07 PM Subject: Dinner at Pinang

If you are willing, add your name to the bottom of the letter and send it to all your friends. Then call me and let me know what time you will be attending. THANKS!

For the last year and a half, we have had the pleasure and privilege of eating never enough meals at Pinang, a world class restaurant which we would be excited to find in New York, Montreal or San Francisco.

Yesterday, our friends at Pinang (Mei, Ken, Karen, and Chang) got the sad news that the property had sold and must be vacated by the end of the month. For whatever reason, Pinang was not a success in Eau Claire. These families put everything they own into the restaurant. They will be unable to relocate without our help. To help them move and start again, we are throwing a fund raising dinner and silent auction at Pinang on Sunday, May 22.

They do not know this event is for them, they would never ask for assistance. We have told them that the fund raiser is for a political cause. Please call our office 835-8448 to register for a 6:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. seating. The basic cost is $15.00 per person, but more will help. If you have anything to donate for auction, please drop it off at the Hibbard Law Office, 712 S. Barstow St.

Friends of Pinang,
        Terri Stanley, John Hibbard, Jane and Jay Tappen, Heather DeLuka, Ken and Muriel Fulgione, Bob Tollefson, June and John Owens, anne-marie bittner,
         Where: Pinang What: Fundraiser and Silent Auction When: Sunday, May 22nd First seating 6:00 p.m. Auction 7:00 p.m. Second seating 7:30 p.m. Cost: $15.00 buffet style meal beverages extra

Auction items so far: Hand knotted Persian rug great antique 14k jewelry pottery jade necklace

Pamela J. Forman, Ph.D. Assistant Professor Department of Sociology University of Wisconsin -- Eau Claire 430 Schneider Hall Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004

Phone: 715.836.3039 Fax: 715.836.2944