Department of Peace

John & Liz Webster (webjljt@triwest.net)
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:31:43 -0500

From: "John & Liz Webster" <webjljt@triwest.net>
Subject: Department of Peace
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:31:43 -0500

  Hello Peace People,

Interested persons are joining together to promote the Department of Peace legislation that will be reintroduced in the United States House of Representative on September 14th. I have volunteered to be a contact person in Wisconsin's 3rd Congressional District to help promote the DOP.

I have reserved a display table for promoting the DOP at the Bob Fest on Saturday, September 10th at Baraboo. Are there persons planning to attend Bob Fest who might be willing to help at the DOP table? We will need persons to be at the table throughout the day to hand out literature and answer questions about the DOP legislation. It would be great to have enough volunteers so that no one would have to be at the table for more than an hour or so. Hopefully there will be folks from other districts who will also be able to help.

If you can be available to help at the table at Bob Fest (8 a.m.-- 5 p.m) or help make signs and plans for the table prior to September 10th,
 please contact me at my personal email address reverence@triwest.net or webjljt@triwest.net or call (608-534-6337). Please forward this message to others you think of who might be willing to help as well. Your suggestions and help with the Department of Peace promotional activities anytime during the coming months will be most welcome, Let me know if you would like to be on my Department of Peace email list to receive information about future actions and activities.

Working together we can help build popular support for establishing a Department of Peace. We also will need to make a large number of contacts (calls, letters, visits) to our 3rd District Congressional Representative urging him to co-sponsor the DOP legislation.

To learn more about Bob Fest: http://www.fightingbobfest.com/

To learn more about the DOP: http://www.thepeacealliance.org/main.htm

With peace and reverence,

John Webster Trempealeau, WI 54661

Fighting Bob Fest IV -- Saturday, September 10, 2005

      8:30 Welcome:
      Dave Zweifel-Capital Times,
      Ed Garvey-FightingBob.com,
      Bill Wenzel, Chairman of the Sauk County Board
      Dedication of Bob Fest IV to: Gaylord Nelson

      9:00 Matt Gonzalez : Is there room for more than two parties?
      9:30 Mike McCabe: Have we lost the right to Vote?
      Introduced by Ed Garvey

      10:00 Music: Peter Leidy
      10:20 Russ Feingold : Life after McCain Feingold
      10:45 John Conyers: Voting Rights 40 years later
      Introduced by former representative Midge Miller

      11:30 Congresswoman, Gwen Moore: The real reasons for Voter ID

      Break Outs 12-2:00

        1.. The People's Legislature
        2.. UW Tuition: Back door privatization?
        3.. Eminent Domain, Utilities and the PSC
        4.. Environmental Protection
        5.. National Health Care (Special session with La Follette historian Nancy Unger)

      2:00 Raging Grannies Sing and Singe
      2:15 Tammy Baldwin: Can Wisconsin regain the lead?
      Introduced by Spencer Black

      2:45 Amy Goodman: Democracy Now?
      Introduced by Nino Amato

      3:30 Jim Hightower: Kleptocracy has its place-America.
      Introduced by Matt Rothschild

      4:00 Music: Piper Road Spring Band
      4:15 Bernie Sanders: If we destroy the middle class are we destroying America?
      Introduced by John Nichols

      5:00 Ed Garvey : Call to Action-Are you with us?

top_schedule.gif