Re:Applications being accepted for ActivistTraining Program

Mowry, Donald D. (DMOWRY@uwec.edu)
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:05:26 -0500

Subject: FW:Applications being accepted for ActivistTraining Program
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:05:26 -0500
From: "Mowry, Donald D." <DMOWRY@uwec.edu>

  Dear Colleagues,

Something to pass on to students who are looking to graduate school opportunities.

Please see email below from Steve Chase about Antiochs Environmental Advocacy and Organizing Program and its weblog on "the well-trained activist."

From: Steve Chase <steve_chase@verizon.net>

Dear Friends,

We still have some openings for the Fall 2006 cohort of the Environmental Advocacy and Organizing Program--Antioch University's one-of-a-kind master's program for public interest advocates and grassroots organizers working on wilderness protection, public health, and sustainability (as well as peace, social justice, and the democratic control of corporations). If you know of anyone who might be interested in considering this program, which has an intense hands-on service learning component, please forward this message to them. Sending it on to listserves you are a part of also helps.

In particular, we want to let people know that we have just added significant new information about the program on the Antioch New England website, which folks can check out at: http://www.antiochne.edu/es/eao.

We've also just launched a new EAOP weblog entitled "The Well-Trained Activist." This new blog should interest prospective EAOP students, as well as anyone trying to increase their capacity as an effective activist. I'll be adding postings to the blog at least once a week. People can check it out at: http://eaop-blog.blogspot.com.

Thanks in advance for helping to spread the word. In these times, good activist training has never been more important. As long-time community organizer Si Kahn argues, "Training is one of the most useful things for the long run that an organization can do. The more people we train, the more leadership skills we develop, the more powerful our organizations can become."

All my best,

Steve Chase Program Director Environmental Advocacy and Organizing Program Department of Environmental Studies Antioch University New England 40 Avon Street Keene, NH 03431 603-357-3122 x298 603-357-0718 (fax) Steven_Chase@antiochne.edu

EAOP's Website: http://www.antiochne.edu/es/eao/ EAOP's New Blog: http://eaop-blog.blogspot.com