Re: Don't let the Senate let President Bush off the hook for breaking the law

Kate Hale (halecl@uwec.edu)
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:05:31 -0500

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:05:31 -0500
Subject: FW: Don't let the Senate let President Bush off the hook for breaking the law
From: Kate Hale <halecl@uwec.edu>

Colleagues,

From one of my English Department colleagues (apologies for the duplication to others in English).

Kate

------ Forwarded Message Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:04:33 -0500 To: "ENGL.STAFF" <ENGL.STAFF@uwec.edu> Conversation: Don't let the Senate let President Bush off the hook for breaking the law Subject: Don't let the Senate let President Bush off the hook for breaking the law

Hi,

This week, the Senate is planning to quietly hold a vote that would pardon President Bush for breaking the law by illegally wiretapping innocent Americans.

The bill would let the administration off the hook for breaking the law and make it legal to wiretap Americans, in secret, without any oversight whenever they want to.

Democrats and some Republicans are holding strong against it, and if enough of us speak up we can stop it. Can you sign the petition opposing the Republican move to pardon President Bush for breaking the law?

http://pol.moveon.org/dontpardon/

Thanks!

------ End of Forwarded Message