RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

Glenn, Larry R. (GLENNLR@uwec.edu)
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:17:46 -0600

Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 11:17:46 -0600
From: "Glenn, Larry R." <GLENNLR@uwec.edu>

I calculated that subscribing only saves $39, at the yearly rate, above the "newsstand" price. Plus you can get it much earlier in the day. Larry

________________________________

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Wesenberg, Nancy Christine Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:45 AM To: Preston-Simon, Elizabeth; Weil, Michael R.; sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

I am not willing to cancel my subscription since this is the only local paper we have, awful as it often is, but I am willing to write a letter telling them what I think about this type of advertising. N.W.

________________________________

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Preston-Simon, Elizabeth Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:40 AM To: Weil, Michael R.; sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: RE: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

I'm willing to cancel my subscription--even though I'm not a Democrat. I'm weary of apathy too. It makes me feel so...apathetic.
  Let me know if this will be done en masse, and, if so, some ideas about the language we wish to use.
  PS

From: sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:sfpj-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Weil, Michael R. Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 10:37 AM To: sfpj@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: FW: [eauclairewib] Leader Telegram

The sticky note was at least on the paper and an obvious ad. Anyone should differentiate that note from being the paper's political view. The packaging from last night appears to represent the paper. A friend on Marston did not have a wrapper on her paper last night.
  How many are willing to take a stand and call and speak to someone and cancel subscriptions, at least temporarily? If only a few do it, nothing good will come out of this.
  This should not be a Democrat's issue but an issue for all who want ethical media. I grow weary of apathy.
  Mary Weil