Breaking News: Protest at Kleenex Factory

Drumm, Daniel L. (DRUMM@uwec.edu)
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:55:47 -0600

Subject: Breaking news: Protest at Kleenex Factory
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:55:47 -0600
From: "Drumm, Daniel L." <DRUMM@uwec.edu>

Greenpeace
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 1& url=http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/>

Dear Greenpeace Activist,

October 3, 2006

protest
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 2& url=http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/hq/HYPERLINK> I'm writing you from Everett, Washington, where just moments ago, Greenpeace activists drove a Kleenex shaped bus across the entrance of Kimberly Clark's paper mill, one of the largest mills in the country. This busy mill receives thousands of tons of ancient trees throughout the year, so our action is sure to get the company's immediate attention. We're demanding that Kimberly Clark's representatives meet with us, and we've even provided a meeting room and coffee onboard the bus to facilitate the discussion.

But you can help encourage Kimberly Clark to meet with us right now.

TAKE ACTION
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 3& url=http://usactions.greenpeace.org/action/start.php?action_id=125>

Write directly to the CEO of Kimberly Clark and demand a meeting with Greenpeace.

We're not the only ones demanding that Kimberly Clark stop wiping out ancient forests for disposable tissue products. Just over a month ago, Fortune magazine
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 4& url=http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/26/magazines/fortune/pluggedin_gunther
. fortune/?postversion=2006092705> reported that the CEO of Walmart has also asked Kimberly Clark to clean up its forest practices. Walmart happens to be the largest retail outlet for products such as Kleenex tissues and Scott toilet paper. If companies like Walmart, and consumers like you apply enough pressure, we can bring Kimberly Clark to the table.

It's time for Kimberly Clark to stop blowing the world's last remaining ancient forests and start using recycled content and FSC-certified wood in its products.

Your friend,
 pam<http://members.greenpeace.org/member/img/ginger.jpg> Ginger Cassady Forest Campaigner

________________________________

3 Ways to Help

1: Donate Now
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 5& url=https://secureusa.greenpeace.org/securedonate/index.php?from=10/0 3/2 006> Help Greenpeace Take a Stand. Become a Member Today.

2: Take Action
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 6& url=http://usactions.greenpeace.org/> Visit our Action Center and take action today.

3: Tell a Friend
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 7& url=http://hq.demaction.org/dia/organizations/greenpeace/tellafriend.js p
?tell_a_friend_KEY=1077> Forward this message to a friend. Help spread the word.

<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 8& url=http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/> 702 H Street, NW Suite 300 Washington, D.C. 20001
(800) 326-0959

You received this mailing because you are subscribed to our mailing list. If you need to update your information or prefer not to receive these mailings in the future click here
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 9& url=http://www.democracyinaction.org/greenpeace/unsubscribe.jsp> to update your account.

We value your privacy. If you have any questions about how we use your information please read our privacy policy.
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=226972595&url_num= 10
&url=http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/footer/privacy>

 <http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=226972595>