Re: Good news

Wesenberg, Nancy Christine (WESENBNC@uwec.edu)
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:40:07 -0600

Subject: FW: Good news
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:40:07 -0600
From: "Wesenberg, Nancy Christine" <WESENBNC@uwec.edu>

 Some news to share in case you haven't heard! N.W.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-inclusivity@maillist.uwsa.edu
[mailto:owner-inclusivity@maillist.uwsa.edu] On Behalf Of Lisa Beckstrand Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:29 PM To: inclusivity@maillist.uwsa.edu Subject: Good news

Hello, Everybody, We just wanted to share with you a bit of good news. With the support of our Senior and Associate VPs here at System, we had asked last month that the Board of Regents Budget and Finance Committee include domestic partner benefits as part of their 07-08 pay plan. They discussed the issue today. President Reilly read our statement advocating for dp benefits, and a UW-Madison Faculty Senate leader also read a statement in favor of dp benefits. One committee member asked whether or not the the recently passed referendum would adversely affect the the System's ability to offer benefits. System legal counsel responded by saying that they would not interpret it that way. The BOR Budget and Finance Committee was very supportive and voted to include dp benefits in the pay plan. A formal vote on the overall pay plan will take place tomorrow. Have a great day! Lisa and Denise

--
Lisa Beckstrand, Ph.D.
Academic Planner, Director of the Inclusivity Initiative Office of