Re: Fri., Apr. 17, 4pm to 6pm Iraq Moratorium 'Stand' - Come and show Eau Claire you want our troops OUT of Iraq and Afghanistan

Pope, Karen O. (POPEKJ@uwec.edu)
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:49:17 -0500

From: "Pope, Karen O." <POPEKJ@uwec.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:49:17 -0500
Subject: FW: Fri., Apr. 17, 4pm to 6pm Iraq Moratorium 'Stand' - Come and show Eau Claire you want our troops OUT of Iraq and Afghanistan

Nice way to spend a Friday afternoon--join those of us who are there each 3 rd Friday--try it!

ps: I like the subject line of Robert Greenwald's email today (Brave new f oundation / films) : Will the war in Afghanistan help me get a job?? If you have not seen it he is doing a documentary on Rethinking Afghanistan
. Here you can also sign a petition asking for HEARINGS on WHY we need MOR E military escalation with no plan or end in sight and little in the way of
 protecting the resident population.

http://rethinkafghanistan.com/?utm_source=rgemail

Karen

WHERE: Corner of Bracket Avenue and Business US Hwy 53 (right next to Jimmy Woo's). WHEN: Come for as long or short as you like: 4pm to 6pm.

DRESS WARMLY - even though it's April, we're still in Wisconsin! :-) If at all possible, bring a sign (small or large), though others will be bringing signs, so don't let a lack thereof for you prevent you from coming! Show Eau Claire that we want to bring an end to this war!!

Whether you can come or not, PLEASE - ON FRIDAY, Apr. 17- call or email your federal Wisconsin Senators and your Representative and let them know you want them to work to bring our troops home from Iraq! Please know that the current Status of Forces Agreement (S.O.F.A.) between Iraq and the U.S. does NOT prevent the U.S. from giving Iraq one-year's notice that we are withdrawing all combat forces. You could also express that you'd like to see Congressional approval of the S.O.F.A.
(such approval does not currently exist).

Take the opportunity as well to express your views about US military involvement in Afghanistan - are we doing more harm than good?

To the best of my knowledge, the following phone numbers are accurate:

Russ Feingold's La Crosse office ph#: (608) 782-5585 Feingolds'Washington D.C. office ph#: (202) 224-5323

Herb Kohl's Eau Claire office ph#: (715) 832-8424 Kohl's Washington D.C. ph#: (202) 224-5653 Toll-free, Herb Kohl: 800-247-5645

Ron Kind's Eau Claire office ph#: (715) 831-9214 Kind's Washington D.C. ph#: (202) 225-5506

If Ron Kind is not your representative, you can find your Representatives at: http://www.house.gov/writerep/ (once you get to the web page of your Representative, you should be able to find one or more phone numbers there for your Representative, as well as the ability to email Kind.

For emailing purposes, find your Senator's web sites at: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm; there will be a web form you can use.

You can find out more about Iraq Moratorium at:

Iraq Moratorium in Wisconsin - http://www.iraqmoratoriumwis.blogspot.com/

Iraq Moratorium, National - http://www.iraqmoratorium.com/