Collections Policies

Seymour, Janet I - WHS (Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org)
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:52:15 -0500

Subject: Collections Policies
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:52:15 -0500
From: "Seymour, Janet I - WHS" <Janet.Seymour@wisconsinhistory.org>

List Serve Members,
  Many of you shared comments and ideas regarding the sale of de-accessioned artifacts. I am sure the discussion was helpful to many.
  We at WHS encourage local organizations to develop a collections policy to help you manage your collection and to maintain consistent methods for accessioning and deaccessioning artifacts. You can find a helpful workbook at the link below. It covers how to develop a collections policy for historical records, but the basic principles of how the policy should work apply to three dimensional collections as well.
  You can contact me directly if you have further questions about collections policies, or if you would like to receive a copy by mail.
  Thanks, Janet
  http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/libraryarchives/whrab/wclh.pdf
  Janet Seymour Field Services Representative - Northern Region Wisconsin Historical Society
  c/o Department of History, UW-Eau Claire 105 Garfield Avenue Eau Claire WI 54701 Voice: 715-836-2250 Web: www.wisconsinhistory.org <http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/>