RE: "tagging" artifacts

Rita Frakes (rita42@centurytel.net)
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:16:52 -0500

From: "Rita Frakes" <rita42@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: "tagging" artifacts
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:16:52 -0500

I purchased gesso at an arts supply store. The heavy tags can be purchased through Light Impressions. However they are very costly. I began cutting them from the archival filing folders also from L. Impressions and you get much more for your money that way. The thread or cord should also be archival. I bought heavy cotton string from the hardware store and tested it with a pen, also from L. Impressions. It tested acid free or also archival so was okay to use. I write on those tags with an archival marking pen, also from L. Impressions. I use the small brass safety pins to fasten the tags to textiles.

I order from 3 different companies which sell archival supplies. If you need those addresses let me know. Or Google archival supplies and the companies will probably show up.

Rita, Mazomanie Historical Society

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu]On Behalf Of Jim Laird Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:10 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: "tagging" artifacts

Where do you buy the Jesso? We cut up the postal envelopes that are made of that strong fabric/paper. Very cheap and very strong.

Jim Laird

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcie Braski" <cen95870@centurytel.net> To: <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 8:13 AM Subject: Re: "tagging" artifacts