Photo requests from businesses

nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org
Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:51:43 -0400

From: nokelley@hshistoricalsociety.org
Subject: Photo requests from businesses
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:51:43 -0400

  Hello listserve members,
  Our historical society has had our first request from a local business for pictures from our photo collection to use at their business. They would put
 enlargements on the wall in their lobby.  They want them in
 a digital format so they can have the enlargements made themselves. I woul d like to know how other societies have handled charges for this type of re quest. We think it's a good idea but also feel we should get proper compens ation for this. We do have signed "permission to use" forms from the p eople who allow us to scan their pictures.
  I appreciate all the wonderful help from this listserve. It sure helps when
 decision making!
  Nancy O'Kelley President Howard-Suamico Historical Society