Re: Civil War start 150th anniversary in 2011 -- ideas

Maureen Giese (renie.giese@gmail.com)
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:17:29 -0500

Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:17:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Civil War start 150th anniversary in 2011 -- ideas
From: Maureen Giese <renie.giese@gmail.com>

To Local History members and Russ Hanson,

We have at the Waterloo Area Historical Society have the Diary of Henry Whipple who served in the Civil War. I am glad you are thinking of the 2011 celebration/observance of the Civil War, War of the Rebellion, War Between the North and South and any other names? We also have some pictures and a hand made framed list of people from Waterloo who served in the War. Plus some other artifacts. I think we should have some leadership from the State and hope this message can get to the proper people who can start a committee for a central contact to begin thinking about this.

Kudos to you for beginning the spirit of observance of this event! Thanks, Renie Giese