Re: Listserve - new Educator Update e-newsletter from WHS

rtantala@wi.rr.com
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:30:09 +0000

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:30:09 +0000
From:  <rtantala@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Listserve - new Educator Update e-newsletter from WHS

This is great news for all of us. At the conference in Stevens Point, I participated in the roundtable "The Past and Future of Local History." My sense of the discussion was that we need to put more effort into the EDUCATE part of our mission (summed up by one fellow from Sheboygan as "collect, preserve, educate")--at both the level of the WCLH and in local organizations. This newsletter will be a great venue for sharing ideas, projects, and general info.

So I urge everyone on this listserv to sign up and to spread the word to others, including local school teachers.

Renee Tantala, Southeastern Region Representative to the WCLH