RE: Policy for working with youth volunteers

Monroe County Local History Room (mclhr@centurytel.net)
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:03:06 -0500

From: "Monroe County Local History Room" <mclhr@centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: Policy for working with youth volunteers
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:03:06 -0500

I'm no lawyer, but I think that it is important to get a parent/guardian to sign-off on something if your volunteers are minors. I have attached a letter that we have used with minors that volunteer regularly with us. Reading over this form, I would even specify the exact type of work that the minor would be doing.

Jarrod

Jarrod Roll Director - County Historian Monroe County Local History Room & Museum 200 West Main St. Sparta, WI 54656
(608) 269-8680
(608) 269-8921 (fax) www.MonroeCountyHistory.org
  Winner of the 2012 Wisconsin Governor's Archive Award

-----Original Message----- From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu
[mailto:localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Marlo Schield Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:02 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Re: Policy for working with youth volunteers

The Stone Lake museum has used 4 H kids as docents. We tried to have th work in our caboose and they were given a script to memorize. They did a great job. Connie Schield

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2013, at 9:14 PM, Barbara <bap4@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am interested in knowing if any historical society has a policy for
working with youth student volunteers.
> Is there a policy already written that could be shared and then applied to
a society? We have youth who could earn community service points/hours for working on projects within our buildings. Please advise.