School Tours

Mary & Mike Weynand (weynand@netwurx.net)
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:26:41 -0500

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:26:41 -0500
From: Mary & Mike Weynand <weynand@netwurx.net>
Subject: School Tours

    Our Old Village Hall
      Museum in Neosho, sponsored by the Neosho/Rubicon Historical
      Society, conducts a number of school tours, normally in May.  They
      tend to be groups of 4th and/or 5th graders.  We were discussing improvements
      to our customized tour for that age group.  We have displays
      including an old one room school area and a mercantile store of
      the 1800's in which we interact with the students by comparing the
      current methods with the way their grandparents and
      great-grandparents went about their similar activities.  We had
      thought about providing a comparison of the games played "back
      then" with what the children, with their electronic games, play
      with now.  Is there a book that provides instructions on how to
      make and/or play these old games and/or a source in which we can
      acquire some old games for the students to play?  Are their any
      historical societies who might have duplicates and would be
      interested in donating them to us?

One of our goals is to continuously improve and change our museum to best represent life in the past in our local area.  You your help
would be greatly appreciated.