Re: World War I Re-enactors.

Mondovi History (mondovihistory@yahoo.com)
Wed, 23 May 2018 02:45:20 +0000 (UTC)

Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 02:45:20 +0000 (UTC)
From: Mondovi History <mondovihistory@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: World War I Re-enactors.

 Hi Sara, Those are some good ideas.  We are working on an exhibit that is calle d "Mondovi Boys Go Over There" that will focus on area soldiers' service.
  We are also working with the concept that many of these soldiers cam e home and became the city fathers, so we are going to be talking about som e of those men and the roles they played in the community, for instance fou r World War I veterans served as mayors of Mondovi.  We do have some l etters home that were printed in our local paper at the time and will be us ing those in some fashion.  The Mondovi Community Band's summer concer t is a part of our event and this year the concert will be music from that era.

Steve On Tuesday, May 22, 2018, 9:33:10 PM CDT, SARA STEELE <smsteele@wisc.edu> w rote:

   This is no help to your dilemma, but it is good to see that a HS has moved beyond the Revolutionary and Civil Wars.  As a last resort--it is not a lot of action-- you could develop a Home Front skit with a group of folks
 sharing the letters they had received from WW I soldiers and things they w ere doing at home because of the war.  These days we are so far away f rom the Middle East that we do not know realize what a Home Front is..
  Sara Steele
  Cottage Grove Area Historical Society