Re: Membership Cards?

rljpilch@pctcnet.net
Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:57:50 -0600

From: <rljpilch@pctcnet.net>
Subject: Re: Membership Cards?
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 11:57:50 -0600

Price County Historical Society does not send membership cards. We do publish our membership list once a year by category i.e. Life, individual, etc. in our fall newsletter. We place an asterisk by the names of new members, with an explanation that this denotes new members. We have found that our members like this list and knowing who all is a member of the Society. Also, when a new membership is received our goal for 2019 is to consistently send a thank you letter and include our most recent newsletter as a way of thanks and introduction to the new member. We have discussed membership cards from time to time, but decided to go with the published list as our members like it and our volunteers are already wearing so many hats. We do include membership enrollment forms with all of our newsletters and mail notices at the beginning of the year to those that haven’t renewed yet, with usually a follow-up in several months for those that still haven’t renewed. Interestingly we started enclosing a #9 sized self-addressed envelope with our mailed membership renewal form and found out that we receive the memberships back much faster, as the member only needs to fill out the form, place it in the the self addressed envelope and put a stamp on it.

We do not offer discounts in our gift shop and we do not charge for admission to our museums, but do have donation boxes at the front doors. We find that most people are fairly generous in their donations.

Laurie Pilch, Secretary/Treasurer Board of Directors Price County Historical Society

From: Mondovi History Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2019 9:27 PM To: Wisconsin History List Serve Subject: Membership Cards?

Hello,

At the Mondovi Area Historical Society, we are currently in the process of sending out membership renewal letters to our members and others in the community who have expressed interest in our Society and in general cleaning up our membership rolls. We are having a debate among our officers whether or not membership cards are necessary. I am inquiring what other societies are doing regarding such cards, do you send them out or if not how do you acknowledge membership renewals or new memberships?

Thanks.

Steve Mikelson President, Mondovi Area Historical Society