looking to borrow artifacts or assistance

Mikki Maddox (mmaddox@necedahschools.org)
Fri, 31 May 2019 08:41:13 -0500

From: Mikki Maddox <mmaddox@necedahschools.org>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 08:41:13 -0500
Subject: looking to borrow artifacts or assistance

Hello,

My name is Mikki Maddox and I am a high school teacher at Necedah High School. I am coordinating an event we are calling Necedah 100, which commemorates a week long celebration in 1919 when the Necedah community welcomed back not only its troops from WWI, but also all the founders and settlers of the town.

I am working with the Wisconsin Veterans Museum and using other resources to cover the military part of our commemoration event, but am in need of assistance to really cover the lumber/logging part of the event. I contacted some people I know at the Wisconsin Historical Society and they suggested I join this listserve and crowdsource some help finding information or artifacts relating to the history of logging in the central part of the state.

I am especially looking for the item below which was patented by two Necedah men or something similar to this object.

Also, if anyone knows someone who might be able to give a demo on logging?

I have Dr. Robert Gough, professor emeritus, giving a talk on the effects of the lumber industry on Wisconsin on Friday, but other events, demos, ideas relating to ¨civilian¨ history would be appreciated. I wil l attach the information on our event below. Thanks in advance for your support and assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Mikki Maddox

--
Mikki Maddox