RE: Do you provide programming in a one-room school?

Askin, Tim (Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov)
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:13:07 +0000

From: "Askin, Tim" <Tim.Askin@milwaukee.gov>
Subject: RE: Do you provide programming in a one-room school?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:13:07 +0000

The National Park Service's "Teaching with Historic Places" undoubtedly has
 several lesson plans you could work from. https://www.nps.gov/subjects/tea chingwithhistoricplaces/index.htm

They also have a guide on how to create such lesson plans https://www.nps.g ov/nr/publications/bulletins/interp/

Finally, and for anyone who wants it. I have a weird Wisconsin state form t hat was buried inside a book I inherited from Milwaukee Public Schools. It appears to date from 1920 (attached). Free to the first asker.

Tim Askin, Senior Planner Historic Preservation Commission City of Milwaukee 414-286-5712 Tim.Askin@Milwaukee.gov<mailto:Tim.Askin@Milwaukee.gov>

From: localhistory-request@listserve.uwec.edu [mailto:localhistory-request@ listserve.uwec.edu] On Behalf Of Jarrod Roll Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:34 AM To: localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu Subject: Do you provide programming in a one-room school?

Hello.

The Monroe County Local History Room & Museum has an intern this summer dev eloping curriculum for the historic Brackett School. I know that there are
 several historic one-room schools in Wisconsin which are open to teachers to bring their students for programming. I'm reaching out requesting if an y of you would be willing to share your one-room school lesson plans with u s? While we will be creating a lesson plan specific to our one-room school
, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel, right? We, in turn, would glad ly share with you the curriculum we end up creating.

Thank you, Jarrod

Jarrod Roll Director / County Historian Monroe County Local History Room & Museum 200 West Main St. Sparta, WI 54656 608-269-8680 www.MonroeCountyHistory.org<http://www.MonroeCountyHistory.org> Facebook: www.Facebook.com/MCLHR<http://www.Facebook.com/MCLHR>

The City of Milwaukee is subject to Wisconsin Statutes related to public re cords. Unless otherwise exempted from the public records law, senders and r eceivers of City of Milwaukee e-mail should presume that e-mail is subject to release upon request, and is subject to state records retention requirem ents. See City of Milwaukee full e-mail disclaimer at www.milwaukee.gov/ema il_disclaimer
superintendent report.jpg