Letter in support of historic tax credit application

Katie Kirby (curator@threelakesmuseum.org)
Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:43:28 -0500

From: Katie Kirby <curator@threelakesmuseum.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:43:28 -0500
Subject: Letter in support of historic tax credit application

Hi all,

Do you ever receive requests from property owners who would like your society's endorsement on their applications for historic tax credit? I've been asked to write a letter supporting the addition of this property to the State/National Register of Historic Places in order for the property owners to receive the tax credit. Is this usual? I feel like the experts reviewing the owners' application would have a much better idea of a property's historic value than I would. This property owner has submitted his application before and received feedback stating that his cottages are not of the typical resort type here up north, but is adamant that a letter from us will help as he reapplies. I'm going to visit the property, but don't want to "stick my nose where is doesn't belong." Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

--
Three Lakes Historical Museum
PO Box 250