Re: Scanning microfiche

B Schneider (wyward@yahoo.com)
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 17:31:19 -0600

From: B Schneider <wyward@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 17:31:19 -0600
Subject: Re: Scanning microfiche

Hi. I tried scanning a 3x5 negative and had no luck. I would guess even at t hat resolution, a piece of microfiche is just to small. Maybe look through a
 few YouTube results. Or see if the state society has a converter to use.

Brian Schneider Archives an IT Appleton Historical Society

> On Feb 26, 2020, at 9:20 AM, William Schuette <wschuette9877@gmail.com> wr
ote:

> I want to scan and digitize several microfiche films (inside a 4x5 inch sl
eeve). I have a good Epson V600 scanner which does film. When I scan the mic rofiche at 3200 dpi, the letters on the document come out blurry. When viewe d on a microfiche viewer, it's very clear. Has anyone else ever attempted to
 do this? Or is the microfiche film just too small to be scanned this way?