Re: microfilm reader

Debra Demuri (dkd@borderlandnet.net)
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:31:15 -0500 (EST)

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:31:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Debra Demuri <dkd@borderlandnet.net>
Subject: Re: microfilm reader

I would be interested about information converting micro film to digital. The Florence Mining News micro films we have date from 1881-2012. If would
 be nice to have them in digital format so they would be searchable. Unles s you know the date or close to the date, you can spend hours searching inf ormation needed. The micro films were costly to purchase and then the ques tion of what to do with them. We stopped purchasing them as you can obtain
 them from our local library web site via the Nicolet Federated Library Sys tem. Debbie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sara Steele" <smsteele@wisc.edu> To: "Janet Seymour" <localhistory@listserve.uwec.edu> Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:44:12 PM Subject: Re: microfilm reader

Tim

Have you asked whether i would be possible to convert the microfilms to digital?  Your newspapers probably aren't as many pages as those print ed in larger cities.  I do not know how expensive such conversion is, but
 I think if it is  possible and cost effective you will find digital easi er to use than microfilm.

Sara